The faculty of the University of Evansville (UE) have recently joined the Association of University Professors (AAUP) in great numbers. At present, more than half of the current faculty are members and more continue to join daily. Indeed, the UE AAUP chapter is already the largest in Indiana.
That chapter consists of a diverse range of active and retired professors from across the university. It is led by an Executive Council that includes three officers: the president, the vice president, and the secretary-treasurer. The Executive Council also contains one elected member from each of the university’s four academic colleges and schools (William L. Ridgway College of Arts and Sciences, College of Education and Health Sciences, College of Engineering and Computer Science, Schroeder School of Business).
The UE AAUP membership supports the core mission of the AAUP. That mission is to:
• Advance academic freedom and shared governance
• Define fundamental professional values and standards for higher education
• Promote the economic security of faculty, academic professionals, graduate students, post‐doctoral fellows, and all those engaged in teaching and research in higher education
• Help the higher education community organize to make the goals of the AAUP a reality
• Ensure higher education’s contribution to the common good
For more information on the AAUP, you can visit its website at aaup.org.
If you are a current or retired faculty member of the University of Evansville and you wish to join the AAUP, you can do so here.
To contact the UE members of the AAUP, please e-mail email@example.com.